Crochet Preemie Hat Pattern

Crochet Preemie Hat (Pattern)

© Jessica N. King-Cason

18-20 weeks gestation stage

My pattern/s may not be redistributed or copied in any way. Of course you can sell or donate your finish product; I just ask that you give me credit as the designer of the pattern/s. If someone want the pattern/s just send them to my Website or Ravelry page so they can receive the pattern/s. Thanks so much for understanding.

Contact me if you have any problems:

www.JessHandmadeDesigns.com

What you’ll need:

Yarn 3ply

G crochet Hook

Stitches used in this pattern:

Magic Circle (MC)

Chain (CH)

Double Crochet (DC)

Half Double Crochet (HDC)

Pattern:

Round 1: You can start with a mc, ch3 or a ch4, join, ch3

9 double crochet in the mc, join

Round 2: Ch3 (don’t count as your 1st dc) the seam will look better and less noticeable. 2dc in that same space. 2dc in each stitch all the way around, join at your first dc not the, ch3….join

Round 3: Ch3, 2dc inside the same space, *1dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch* *Repeat all the way around*, join at your 1st dc

Round 4: Ch3, 1dc in the same space, 1dc in each stitch all the way around, join at your 1dc

Round 5-6: Repeat round 4

Round 7-8: Ch2, HDC in the same space, 1hdc in each stitch all the way around, join at your 1st hdc

After you finish row 8 ch1, draw up a loop cut and weave all ends.

And there you have it a preemie hat in 10-15 minutes.

Peace, Love and Happy crocheting!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Crochet Preemie Hat Pattern

1. June Lehmann says:

Thank you for posting this tutorial…..I have been donating incubator covers to our local NICU…..however this is a nice change….especially watching TV! thank you!

2. Ivy says:

Thanks so much for this pattern and easy to follow tutorial. I just finished my very first preemie hat and had so much fun doing it. It took a little under 20 minutes. I will be giving this to a friend that just had a Fabulous Angel Baby. God Bless you and your ministry.

3. liz says:

Thank you so much! I was looking for a tutorial video and a written pattern so I could understand the written pattern 😉 I am a parent of a NICU graduate and have learned to crochet specifically to make preemie hats to donate. I want to return the kind gift we received. I know first hand how much these hats can mean. Thanks!!

4. Glo says:

I too am a mom of twin NICU graduates. They weighed 3lbs each and were born 9 weeks early. I want to return the kindness we got when my children were there. BTW they are perfectly healthy freshman in college this year. Thank you for posting this!

5. Kathy says:

Thank you for the preemie hat tutorial. I am thrilled with your method of joining at the end of the row. The seam looks great. I have already made 10 hats this past week.

6. elaine leonard says:

your video was great. the preemie hat was so easy. Loved the joining at the end of row.

7. Heather braaten says:

Hi thanks for the preemie tutorial on how to make the preemie hat and I like it very much.Heather braaten

8. Kathy says:

Thank you for the preemie hat tutorial..very easy to follow..Kathy